Search for atmospheres
Atlantis - The Lost Civilization
Atlantis (Ancient Greek: Ἀτλαντὶς νῆσος, "island of Atlas") is a fictional island mentioned within an allegory on the hubris of nations in Plato's works Timaeus and Critias, where it represents the antagonist naval power that besieges "Ancient Athens", the pseudo-historic embodiment of Plato's ideal state in The Republic. In the story, Athens repels the Atlantean attack unlike any other nation of the known world, supposedly giving testament to the superiority of Plato's concept of a state. The story concludes with Atlantis falling out of favor with the deities and submerging into the Atlantic Ocean.
Comments for "Atlantis"
License details for "Atlantis"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- 0_Noise by Luuk van Loon +)
- Cave ambience by Robinhood76 from http://freesound.org +)
- water dripping var.2 reverb by soundsnap.com *)
- Room Ambience by Taira Komori's Japanese Free Sound Effects: http://taira-komori.jpn.org/freesounden.html +)
- bowl gamelan drone by thatjeffcarter +)
- Ambient Ocean Music by Unknown +)
*) Soundsnap.com license